Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday Review!

Today I'll be reviewing Chris Brown's "Graffiti" !Some songs I'll go into detail with,others will just get a number rating.

I Can Transform Ya: 7/10-Not the best choice for the first single,but definitely not the worst.Swizz Beats' production fit the song's concept perfectly and Lil Wayne's verse was nothing special especially starting off the verse with a very simple line "I can transform ya like a transforma." really? Overall it's catchy.
Sing Like Me: 9/10
Crawl: 10/10-I think this should've been the first single. I love the emotion he shows in this track.Also shows a maturity in his voice.
So Cold: 8/10-Not a big fan of the autotune but Chris makes it work in some instances and this is one of them.VERY catchy track
What I Do: 7/10-Plies just isn't doing it for me.
Famous Girl: 10/10-Also known as the "diss" track because of the line "I was wrong for writing Disturbia".Looking past that,the musical references are niiiice i.e:"Drake would say that you're the best he ever had."Nice,original production from Ryan Leslie also.
Take My Time: 8/10-The 'Take You Down' of "Graffiti" but more "grown-up".I honestly think Tank wasn't needed in this song seeing as how his verse was nothing special and the moaning is just a little "out there" lol.Chris' vocals are pretty good on this one though.
I.Y.A: 8/10-Maybe one of the MJ tributes on the album?I.Y.A.=P.Y.T. Maybe!
Pass Out: 10/10-PERFECT pop song! Featured guest Eva Simons' voice fits the song perfectly as does Chris'.I believe this is the next international single,if so it's a GREAT choice.It's "Graffiti's" 'Forever'
Wait: 10/10-Love how Chris and Trey's verses connect with each other i.e:"baby girl,you got a bottom I can spot it from a mile and I be wilin out then I pass you off to Trey"/"girl if you can take a lot of,make a lot of sounds ima take your body down and ill pass you on to Chris " I guess Trey Songz' "Yuuup" is to Chris Brown's "Ooops"?You'll most likely have a fun time singing the chorus.
Lucky Me: 10/10
Fallin Down: 10/10-If I could give this a 50/10 I would.
I'll Go: 10/10-I love the melody of this song,it's a different sound for Chris.Loving the arrangement of the lyrics also.
DELUXE EDITION
Girlfriend: 10/10-Major props for featuring Lupe Fiasco
Gotta Be Ur Man: 10/10
Movie: 10/10-From the very first time I heard this,I got a 90's R&B vibe and I finally know why.The melody is similar to "Can You Stand the Rain" by New Edition,even including the infamous note used by many other artists i.e:Mya, Aaliyah
For Ur Love: 8/10-It's ok.Lots of booty talk lol.
I Need This: 10/10-Very good song.It's songs like this that really show improvement in Chris' voice.He said himself that this was the most challenging song for him.
I Love You: 7/10-Repetitive chorus,but the verses are decent.Featuring Ester Dean who is featured on many other songs on the album as a background vocalist.
Brown Skin Girl: 6/10-I respect his effort to reach out to a variety of genres but I find myself not excited at all when this song comes on.Glad it's on the deluxe edition and not the regular.
Chase Our Love: 10/10-Another GREAT pop song.It's obvious this is aimed towards the UK without even knowing it's a UK bonus track
Graffiti: 10/10-Another song I would give a 50/10 to.Explains exactly what he is going through.Another hit written by Jackie Boyz.This is an Itunes bonus track.

Overall I'd give it a 9/10.Not many artists are giving this much diversity in their albums.There is a song for EVERYONE on here.Well there you go...im out!
CF :)

No comments:

Post a Comment